Monday, March 2, 2009

I really love that music can change my apathy/complacency to reverence of God and all that He is.

I also think it is very beautiful that God chooses to connect with us through different mediums: conversations, His holy and precious word, prayer, art, music, film, our friends... He is such a big God that can reach us each individually through so many things in this world. He wants to show us Himself. He wants us to see Him.
Sometimes, I wonder if God is up there in heaven, yearning for us to see Him in all His splendor, in the things He has so beautifully created, but we are just too blind to see.

Listening to: Amazed, Jared Anderson

1 comment:

Brian said...

I like and agree with what you said, carol. What blows me away is what the beauty of music and art and nature reveals about a God who isn't limited by time: that while we may enjoy a song for a few minutes, or a sun rise, God sees every sunrise, every new star that's born, every piece of art, every beautiful flower-and God sees them all, all the time.

God must be an unfathomably joyous being.