Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh, how He LOVES us!

"He is jealous for me,
loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
and I realize just how beautiful You are,
and how great Your affections are for me."

David Crowder's new song is good - later, it goes on to say, "So Heaven meets Earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don’t have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about the way He loves us."
I think the way Jesus loves me, how He loves humanity, is so beautiful and amazingly beyond words. To be washed clean of our sin, our affliction, and of past lives, to be beautiful and important and DEAR to our Father in heaven by the crucifixion and death of Jesus. It's crazy/beautiful/CRAZY how far He brings us when we do life with Him, that past lives/regrets are incomparable (and in a way, forgotten when we live life with Him) to the way He loves us, the new lives we have in Him. Grace is abundant. And clear.
I have huge lumps in my throat thinking about this. Oh, how He loves us.

P.S: Post about the summer to come.

No comments: